Agents of the CIDG Northern Leyte Field Unit together with the local PNP units collared a Most Wanted Person during the implementation of its OPLAN "Pagtugis" in the evening (10:15 PM) of November 25, 2022, in Brgy. Taytay, Guiuan, Eastern Samar.
PBGEN RONALD O LEE, Director of the CIDG said that the CIDG launched its One-Time-Big-Time operation against wanted persons following the directive of the CPNP, PGEN RODOLFO S AZURIN JR of an all-out operation against criminals evading the long arm of the law.
Armed with multiple warrants of arrest, police nabbed 32-year-old Albert Alba Cagang who is wanted for the following offenses:
- ESTAFA issued by Presiding Judge Oscar P Noel of South Cotabato RTC Branch 35, General Santos City dated July 21, 2021, with NO bail recommended;
- ESTAFA, SWINDLING ESTAFA as amended by PD 1689, and ESTAFA (SYNDICATED) Art. 315 Par. 2(a) of the RPC in relation to PD 1689, all issued by Presiding Judge Rebecca G. Dardo-Seredrica of Alabel, Sarangani RTC Branch 46 with NO bail recommended dated July 2, 2021, January 26, 2021, and December 14, 2021, respectively;
- Twenty-one (21) counts of SWINDLING (ESTAFA) RPC Art. 315 as amended by PD 1689, all issued by Presiding Judge Jose Jerry Langrio Fulgar of the Alabel, Sarangani RTC Branch 47 with NO bail recommended each case;
- Two counts of SYNDICATED ESTAFA under Art. 315, (2)(a) of RPC in relation to PD 1689, all issued by Presiding Judge Bill Lugo Ybarley of the Alabel, Sarangani RTC Branch 48 dated September 14, 2022, with NO bail recommended each case;
- Fourteen (14) counts of SYNDICATED ESTAFA under Art. 315, Para. (a) of the RPC in relation to Section 1 of PD 1689, ESTAFA under Para. 2(a), Art. 315 of RPC as amended by RA 10951 in relation to para. 2, Sec. 1 of PD 1689, and Two counts of SWINDLING ESTAFA as amended by PD 1689, all issued by Presiding Judge Catherine A Velasco-Supeda of the Alabel, Sarangani RTC Branch 50 with NO bail recommended each case dated April 21, 2022, April 21, 2022, and January 26, 2022, respectively; and
- Two counts of SWINDLING ESTAFA RPC Art. 315 as amended by PD 1689, all issued by Presiding Judge Dinah Jean San Antonio Cornejo of the General Santos City, South Cotabato RTC Branch 55 dated July 13, 2021, with NO bail recommended.
Cagang is said to be the No. 4 Provincial Level Most Wanted Person in Northern Leyte and is currently under the temporary custody of the said CIDG office.
CIDG Director applauded the efforts and dedication of the CIDG Northern Leyte Field Unit and local PNP units involved in the operation for the successful apprehension of the accused.
“Ikinatutuwa natin ang pagkakadakip kay Cagang, na sa dami ng kanyang warrants of arrest ay patunay lang din na marami na itong nabiktima. Sa pagsisikap ng ating mga tauhan na nagbunga ng pagkakahuli sa akusado ay tuluyan na natin siyang napigilang makapam-bikitma pa ng ating mga kababayan,” added PBGEN LEE.