Detectives of the CIDG in Region 10 implemented three (3) Search Warrants (SWs) against a gunrunner and one (1) other on Wednesday, September 30, 2020 in Bukidnon and Lanao Del Norte.
The said SWs were implemented against REMUEL WARGUEZ y HEBIA and MOCTAR LIWALOG y LUMAMBA who were arrested for possession and control of the following seized items:
- One (1) caliber .45 NORINCO pistol;
- Three (3) steel magazines for caliber .45 pistol;
- Fifty-two (52) rounds of caliber .45 ammunition;
- Two (2) fragmentation grenades;
- Thirteen (13) rounds of caliber .38 ammunition;
- Eleven (11) rounds of caliber .9mm ammunition; and
- One (1) sachet of suspected shabu with an estimated weight of 42.7 grams with a market value of MOL Php341,600.00.
- Eight (8) sachets of suspected shabu;
- One (1) M14 caliber 7.62mm rifle;
- Five (5) magazine assemblies for M14 rifle;
- Fifty (50) rounds of M14 ammunition; and
- One (1) light brown bandolier with PULIS logo.
WARGUEZ is allegedly the leader of the “Warguez Criminal Group” involved in gunrunning and illegal drugs activities operating in the municipality of Manolo Fortich and neighboring municipalities.
Both suspects will be facing charges for violations of RA 10591 (Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Law) and RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act), while additional case for violation of RA 9516 (Illegal Possession of Explosives) will be filed against Warguez. ###