PNP Chief, Police General Debold M Sinas said both law enforcement operations were ordered by judicial authorities to serve court processes against members of Guerilla Front 53 of Southern Mindanao Regional Committee of the CPP-NPA-NDF who are accused in cases of Murder, Frustrated Murder and Attempted Murder.
The operation is part of the legal offensive action of the PNP under Executive Order No. 70, creating the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC), the Chief PNP said.
Sinas noted reports reaching the PNP Command Center in Camp Crame from SOCCSKSARGEN PNP Regional Director, Police Brig Gen John Michael Dubria that detailed the armed confrontation when a police team from Lake Sebu Municipal Police Station and South Cotabato Police Provincial Office under Police Colonel Jemuel Siason served Warrants of Arrest against the accused in Sitio Kibang, Barangay Ned, Lake Sebu town at 4:35 AM.
The report disclosed that a firefight erupted when the subjects of the Warrants of Arrest opened fire on the police team with long firearms and automatic handguns. Dead in the encounter were:
1. Bernie Canyon alias Delmar, Commanding Officer of Ordnance Platoon;
2. Rogelio Magsaya alias Sargs/Delio,Vice Commanding Officer, Pulang Bagani Command;
3. Romeo Hebron alias Frank/Melvin, Head of Regional Ordnance, SMRC;
4. Ka Mercy,SMRC wife of certain Dulce; and
5. Certain Mckoy, member of FSG, SMRC
The arresting team recovered the armaments of the slain CPP-NPA guerillas consisting of a cal 5.56 M16 Rifle; a cal.30 Carbine; a Cal.45 pistol; a Cal.40 pistol; IED and IED components.
In Cagayan Valley, agents of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) and Police Regional Office-2 served two Search Warrants for violation of RA 10591 (Illegal Possession of Firearms) and RA 9516 (Illegal Possession of Explosives) both issued by Judge Sheila C Gacutan-Labuguen of the Municipal Trial Court of Baggao, Cagayan dated November 27, 2020 against Amanda Socorro ECHANIS y Lacaba a.k.a. Waya/Julian in Barangay Carupian, Baggao at 8:30 AM.
The orderly search was witnessed by Brgy Chairman Velario S. Calderon, Kagawad Imelda B. Baniaga, and Ronald J Reyes, all residents of Brgy. Carupian, Baggao, Cagayan.
The search ended at 12:00PM and resulted to the confiscation of the following items:
1. One (1) unit M16 ARIS Colt 5.56mm assault rifle with SN 4951346;
2. One pc long plastic magazine for M16 rifle;
3. One pc long steel magazine for M16 Rifle;
4. Twenty (20) pieces Live ammunitions for M16 Rifle;
5. One pc. hand grenade with marking 0689;
6. One pc hand grenade with markings frag MK2 with Lot No.p-4-105-78.
The raiding team placed Echanis under arrest for the flagrant violations of law. She is identified in police records as Finance Officer of West Front, Komiteng Probinsya ng Cagayan (KOMPROB) Cagayan, KR-CV of CPP/NPA operating in Cagayan Valley region. She will be presented before a prosecutor for inquest proceedings.
are being readied for filing. ###