June 22, 2021
A 37-year-old woman posing as an Army Major was arrested by combined elements of CIDG Quezon City DFU, 300 AISW, 15th Army Intelligence Battalion, Army Intelligence Regiment, PA, and DSOU, SPD during an entrapment operation on Tuesday morning (June 22, 2021 at around 9:45 AM) in Purok 1, New Lower Bicutan, Taguig City.
The arrested person identified as CASSANDRA STEPHANIE GALVEZ y TORRES also known as “Major Maria Christina Galvez,” who, based on reports is impersonating as an Army Major and introduced herself as an authorized recruitment officer of the AFP targeting applicants or candidates for AFP Recruitment. She lured her victims to give out a huge sum of money in exchange for the fast processing of their applications.
GALVEZ, all dressed-up in AFP Uniform with the Rank of Major Insignia, was caught while in the act of receiving the boodle money amounting to Php40,000.00 including the marked money. Recovered from her possession and control are the following pieces of evidence:
- Dusted money consisting of one (1) genuine Php500.00 bill;
- Boodle money;
- One (1) set of Army GOA uniform with Major Rank GALVEZ;
- One (1) set of AFP Pixelized uniform with Major Rank GALVEZ;
- One (1) black sling bag;
- Two (2) AFP Identification Cards under the name of Maj Maria Christina Galvez;
- Assorted Identification Cards;
- Four (4) Land bank ATM cards;
- Assorted documents pertaining to AFP documentary requirements;
- Three (3) Cellular phones; and
- One (1) box of caliber .45 ammunition (50 rounds).
GALVEZ and recovered pieces of evidence are immediately brought to CIDG Quezon City DFU Office for investigation and proper disposition, while cases for Robbery/Extortion, violations for RA 8484, RA 10591, Article 177 of RPC, and Estafa under Art 315 of the RPC will be filed against her.
With so many aspirants wanting to join the Police and Military Services, there are unscrupulous individuals who take these aspirations for their advantage through deceitful acts. “I urge all PNP and AFP applicants not to be enticed by such illegal acts, being in the PNP/AFP service makes one prouder if earned the right and hard way,” says PMGEN ALBERT IGNATIUS D FERRO, CIDG Director.