The CIDG based in Southern Leyte filed a criminal case for violation of RA 9851 or the Philippine Act on Crimes against International Humanitarian Law, Genocide, and other Crimes against Humanity against ten personalities of the LEVOX Eastern Visayas Regional Party Committee (EVRPC) on September 28, 2021 at the Provincial Prosecutor's Office, Sogod, Southern Leyte.
The said case was filed against the following CTG personalities:
- Commanders or Team Leaders:
- Jason Rentillosa a.k.a. “Lope” or “Teng” or “Manoy”;
- Fermin Gozon a.k.a. “Jaguar” or “Dakpal”; and
- Roberto Lor Opo a.k.a. “Lowie” or “Resty”.
- Rosa Marie Añora;
- John Gotiano Lamadora a.k.a. “Joven”;
- Janet Darantinao a.k.a. “Mera” or “Mae”;
- Daisy Abegonia a.k.a. “Ansa” or “Lay”;
- Jerald Rivera a.k.a. “Ken” or “Roc”;
- Rocelo Correa a.k.a. “Rod” or “Roy”; and
- a certain alias “Romnick” or “Dos”.
The filing of the case stemmed from the armed encounter that transpired between the Philippine Army and the said CTG on August 2021 in Lawgawan, Bontoc, Southern Leyte that resulted in the death and serious injuries of members on the government side.
PMGen Albert Ignatius D Ferro, CIDG Director said that a case for Murder was previously filed against the group at the same prosecution office in Southern Leyte on August 25, 2021.
“Patuloy po nating isusulong ang ating ligal na opensiba laban sa mga grupong ito bilang tugon sa hangarin ng ating Gobyerno na mawakasan na ang karahansan dulot ng mga makakaliwa,” added PMGen Ferro.