In line with the PNP CIDG Flagship Project Oplan Megashopper, CIDG3 COPLAN Hit-Hit Buga and PRRD Directive to curve smuggling of cigarettes, detectives of CIDG Bulacan PFU and CIDG RFU 3, and Balagtas Municipal Police Station together with representatives of PMFTC Incorporated and JTI Incorporated conducted a buy-bust operation against four suspects who were selling fake cigarettes.
The successful joint operation was launched on October 3, 2021 at a warehouse located at Zone 6, Bypass Road, Barangay Borol 2nd, Balagtas, Bulacan and resulted to the arrest of two Chinese Nationals and two local cohorts.
1. Zeng Qiangjian (Chinese National, male, 42 years old, DOB 10-08-1978, businessman, and resident of Bigaa, San Juan, Balagtas, Bulacan);
2. Lin Shanxiong (Chinese National, male, 48 years old, DOB 02-02-1973, businessman, and resident of #051 Stella, Maris Subt. Stella Maris Avenue, Maybunga, Pasig City);
3. John Bejay Agujar y Cayas (Filipino, male, 25 years old, DOB 04-25-1995, single, helper, and resident of Brgy. Tabon, Pulilan, Bulacan); and
4. Rodolfo Brosas Y Embalsado (Filipino, male, 45 years old, DOB 09-13-1976, single, helper, and resident of Brgy Malis, Guiguinto, Bulacan).
CIDG operatives confiscated 711 cartons or 35,550 reams of assorted counterfeit cigarette products that have a total estimated market value of Php 32,305,000,00. The counterfeit products are as follows:
a. Twenty-seven (27) carton Marlboro Light Cigarettes (50 ream each carton);
b. Six (6) carton Marlboro Red Cigarettes (50 ream each carton);
c. Forty-one (41) carton Marvel Red Cigarettes (50 ream each carton);
d. Twenty-six (26) carton Jackpot Cigarettes (50 ream each carton);
e. Forty-one (41) carton Union Cigarettes (50 ream each carton);
f. Fifteen (15) carton Cambo Cigarettes (50 ream each carton);
g. One hundred sixty seven (167) carton Fortune Blue Cigarettes (50 ream each carton);
h. Forty-nine (49) carton Mighty Green Cigarettes (50 ream each carton);
i. Six hundred thirty-seven (637) carton Two Moon Cigarettes (50 ream each carton);
j. Ninety-five (95) carton Fortune Green Cigarettes (50 ream each carton); and
k. Two hundred forty-four (244) carton D & B Cigarettes (50 ream each).
The CIDG operatives also seized from the suspects an Isuzu Elf Truck with plate no. CBJ 6630 and the dusted faux money (one thousand pieces of printed Php1,000 peso bills all bearing the serial no. EJ538945 with one genuine Php1,000 peso bill with serial no. EB079037) that was used as buy-bust money.
The arrested suspects will be subjected to inquest proceeding before the Provincial Prosecutors Office of Bulacan for the following offenses:
1. Violation of Art. 189 of the Revised Penal Code (Unfair Competition, Fraudulent Registration of Trademark, Tradename or Service mark, Fraudulent designation of Origin and False Description);
2. Violation of R.A 7394 (The Consumer Act of the Philippines);
3. R.A 8293 (Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines); and
4. R.A 1937 (An Act to Revise and Codify the Tariff and Custom Law of the Philippines).
Meanwhile, further investigation is being conducted by the detectives of PNP CIDG 3 to identify and locate the supplier of the seized counterfeit goods.
In order to be effective in our campaign, WE NEED YOUR HELP. Report these nefarious activities and other crimes to CIDG Hotlines 0977.347.5267 and 0951.059.3843, or to your nearest local police station.
Your CIDG Amigo Cops will be unwavering in pursuing criminals who seek to undermine financial institutions, social economic and political structure of our country.