Iloilo City - Operatives of CIDG RFU 6 along with other law enforcement units implemented a search warrant against a member of a criminal gang on Tuesday (March 8, 2022) morning in Brgy. Macatol, Pototan, Iloilo.
One RICKY GANATE ALDAMAR alias “Aguila”, an identified member of the Poping Sumbang/Joel Unabia Budol-Budol Gang, was collared at his residence for possession and control the following pieces of evidence:
1. One (1) unit caliber .45 pistol with markings COLT MK IV Series 80 with Serial No. 402122 (marked as RAG);
2. Two (2) pcs steel magazine for caliber .45 pistol (marked as RAG-1 and RAG-2;
3. Two (2) pcs live special ammunition for caliber .45 pistol (marked as RAG-3 and RAG-4);
4. Seven (7) pcs live ammunition for caliber .45 pistol (marked as RAG-5 to RAG-11); and
5. One (1) pc belt bag color black (marked as RAG-12).
The said CIDG unit immediately conducted surveillance to verify the veracity of the information received that alias Aguila was seen in his residence. Finding a probable cause, the police applied and obtained a Search Warrant from the court that resulted in the arrest of Aldmar.
The Poping Sumbang/Joel Unabia Budol-Budol Gang is said to be responsible for the robbery, swindling, budol-budol, and carnapping activities in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Districts of Iloilo Province and Iloilo City. The group is also involved in the assassination of several barangay officials and is currently active in gun-running, gun for hire, and illegal drug trade activities.
PBGEN ELISEO DC CRUZ, CIDG Director encourages each responsible citizen to report miscreants who evade the long arm of the law and to help create a safer place to live in.
"Given the continuous efforts and labored collaboration between our investigators working hand-in-hand with the community, CIDG assures that criminals will be apprehended and be put behind bars thus serving justice to their victims", says Director CIDG.