Early morning of April 27, 2022, detectives of the CIDG based in Misamis Occidental together with the local police arrested a member of criminal group and seized various high-caliber firearms during a police operation in Purok 4, Brgy. Kinuman Norte, Misamis Occidental.
Two (2) Search Warrants issued by Hon. Mary Faith R. Potoy-Montederamos, Executive Judge of RTC Branch 35, 10th Judicial Region, Ozamiz City, Misamis Occidental were implemented against Gregorio Luzano y Gampo-an and Julius Tabanas y Dian for violations of RA 10591 (Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Law) and RA 9516 (Illegal Possession of Explosives).
Luzano, who is said to be a member of the “Kuratong Baleleng” criminal group engaged in gun-for-hire, gunrunning, robbery/hold-up, illegal drugs and other illegal activities operating in Ozamis City and its neighboring municipalities/cities in Misamis Occidental was arrested while Tabanas was able to elude arrest.
Authorities were able to confiscate during the police operation the following pieces of evidence:
- One (1) chamber loaded colt 911A1 US ARMY caliber .45;
- One (1) chamber loaded KG-9 sub-machine gun;
- One (1) 12-gauge tomahawk shotgun;
- One (1) chamber loaded M2 carbine rifle;
- Thirteen (13) assorted magazines;
- Two hundred thirty-eight (238) rounds of assorted ammunition;
- One (1) black inside holster;
- One (1) black Jamboree Korean bag;
- One (1) black ammunition box;
- One (1) black flashlight box;
- Two (2) bandoliers; and
- One (1) green magazine pouch.
A case for violation of RA 10591 is being prepared for filing before the Office of the City Prosecutor, Ozamiz City, Misamis Occidental.
The police operation was part of the CIDG’s anti-criminality campaign against loose firearms and criminal groups to deter lawless elements from menacing the peace and order in country and to prevent them from using such weapons to endanger the public especially in the upcoming NLE 2022.