The CIDG has filed a case against members of the Communist Terrorist Group (CTG) on Tuesday (April 26, 2022) morning before the City Prosecutor Office in Butuan City under NPS Docket No. XIII-01-INV-22D-01404.
Detectives of the CIDG Agusan del Norte together with the witness, filed a case for violation of RA 9851 or the Philippine Act on Crimes Against International Humanitarian Law, Genocide and Other Crimes Against Humanity against the following CTG members:
- Emmie Mar Merza Anob a.k.a. “Toto,” “Macoy,” “Dongkoy,” “Odog,” or “Winston”;
- Pedro Odom Flores a.k.a. “Tata;”
- Arselito Mandag Sr.;
- Ejoy Mabandos;
- Ramil Sagay Dorado a.k.a. “Dodong;”
- Manuel Merza Anob Jr a.k.a. “Draks;”
- Rodel Flores a.k.a. “Bembo;” - Rabby Sumatra a.k.a. “Warren,” “Budon,” “Renzo,” or “Dario”, who is the Vice Company Commander of 21C Guerilla Front; and
- Twelve (12) other John Does.
The CTG members were involved in the killing of 28-year-old Jimboy Mabasle on the fateful night of April 11, 2022 in Brgy Anticala, Butuan City who are also facing criminal charges for Murder which was earlier filed on April 20, 2022 docketed under XIII-01-INV-22D-EMPESO before the City Prosecutor, Hall of Justice, Libertad, Butuan City.
The CIDG, as the investigative arm of the PNP is tasked to investigation and to file cases against CTGs who commit atrocities and will be dauntless in seeking the truth in order to make these groups accountable for their crimes.