An incumbent Brgy Chairman, his Brgy Treasurer, and three (3) Brgy Kagawad were arrested by joint elements of the CIDG Region 9 and Zamboanga Del Sur PFU along with Zamboanga PPO and Dumingag MPS personnel during the service of Warrants of Arrest (WOAs) on Thursday morning (August 25, 2022 at 10:30 AM) in Brgy Dulop, Dumingag, Zamboanga Del Sur.
The said warrants issued by Hon. Juliemie Gelbolingo Guangco, Acting Presiding Judge of RTC, 9th Judicial Region, Branch 23, Molave, Zamboanga Del Sur dated August 19, 2022 were served against the following for violation of Omnibus Election Code, as amended, in relation to Sec. 261 (A) and Sec. 261 (O):
- ISMAEL MARO ESPAÑO, 71 years old, Brgy. Chairman of Dulop, Dumingag, Zamboanga Del Sur;
- EVELYN LABANDERO AMAMANGPANG, 36 years old, Brgy. Treasurer;
- RONALD DAHUYA AMAMANGPANG, 40 years old, male, Brgy. Kagawad;
- EDGAR DE GRACIA SARAJENA, 46 years old, Brgy Kagawad; and
- JULIANA MANOS MAPUTI, 41 years old, Brgy. Kagawad.
Accordingly, Españo and 4 others were allegedly involved in vote buying during the May 2022 National and Local Elections.
This is an assurance that the long arm of the law chooses no one. The CIDG under the leadership of its Director, PBGen Ronald O Lee will always be on the frontline to enforce the law against violators regardless of their status or affiliations.